26 November 2011

Concord, North Carolina, USA Meteor 25NOV2011

Concord, North Carolina, USA Meteor Approx. 1830 EDT 25NOV2011
Pulled into my driveway and saw about 8 deer in the field. Pulled up with my 5 y/o in backseat and shined my headlights on them to watch. About 5 minutes into watching them graze we saw an object heading earthbound on an angle traveling from NE to SW and losing altitude. The object had a sparkling vibrant blue glow that appeared to continue until it was below tree level from my vantage point, so I’m not sure when it lost illumination.  Glad I took a moment to let my 5 y/o watch the deer graze as this was one of the most beautiful shooting stars/meteorites that I’ve seen in my 42 years, and I was able to share it with my daughter. Thanks, Jerry & Aryanne.  Thank You!

Any other sighting reports? Please report: Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!