21 June 2011

Breaking Meteor News- MBIQ Detects Killeen, TX Green Meteor 20JUN2011

MBIQ (Meteor Bot Internet Query) Detects Killeen, TX Green Meteor 20JUN2011
MBIQ (Meteor Bot Internet Query) has just detected a meteor event in Texas and seen from Arkansas 20JUN2011.
Witnesses of this event please email me with full details of your sighting.  Thank you!  LunarMeteorite*Hunter, Tokyo

Persons living in these areas in Florida please do me a favor and call your local news outlets and tip them off about this event and PLEASE mention my site as a reference for their news reports: The Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com/  email address for press contact LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com  Thank you all for your kind help and support for this educational (not for profit) website! -Tokyo  FaceBookers, YouTubers, Twitterers and Forum persons please help get the word out and please reference my site with a link; thank you!




Texas /Arkansas Green Meteor 20JUN2011 ~11:45 pm
v.3 (c) LunarMeteorite*Hunter, Tokyo / Google Earth
All Rights Reserved - No Copy without written permission





June 20th 2011 Meteor over Central Texas from John Davis on Vimeo.
Adamsville, Texas
I caught the Fireball seen over Texas last night (June 20th) with my meteor camera – wow! My camera is located at my observatory near Adamsville, Texas. I am downloading the video now. I can share this with you if you want (just found your website). -John A Davis
Thank you John!

Killeen, TX Green Meteor 11:45pm 20JUN2011
I just witnessed a green fireball with an orange tail from north killeen tx. I am facing west it went from the southern sky to the western sky. It got midway to the horizon before it flashed and dissappeared. Aprox time was 11:45pm. -rhiannon S (tele)
Thank You for your report!


San Antonio, Texas
Trevor Matthews: San Antonio, Texas 11:45 pm 6/20/2011 (email contact) Green Blue meteor going straight down,high speed, no trail.
Thank you Trevor!


Kerrville, TX
OMG, my husband and I both saw it!!! We live in Kerrville, TX. It was sometime around midnight, CST. It was falling north to northwest. It lasted approximately 3 seconds. It started bright white and as it fell you could see a red tail that then turned green and then it was gone. It was so large I could have sworn it was close by. It was incredible!!!!! This is why I'm on line now. Just had to research to find out what it was we saw and whether or not anyone else out there saw it as well???? -Bobbi  Thank you Bobbi!



Houston, TX
At 1145pm cst on june20 I saw green light for about 2 seconds moving from overhead to direct west in Houston tx -Lori A.  Thank you Lori!

Hillsboro, Texas
Just saw a large orange fireball. Southwest of Hillsboro, Texas
June 20, 2011 aprox. 11:45 PM CST
Moved South to West
Don't know how long, long enough to double check what I was seeing.
Heard a sound somewhat like a static. No ending noiseVery Bright, - Anon


Austin, TX
I also saw the 06/20/11 fireball over Texas. I'm in Cedar Park (a subdivision of Austin TX). It was kind of windy here last night, so I went outside to investigate at about 11:48 or 11:50 PM Central time and looked up into the northwest part of the sky - just as I looked there the fireball appeared. It was large and blazed downward at a steep angle leaving a greenish trail behind it - I watched it do down until it disappeared behind the row of homes on my street - about a second after that there was a bright green flash that lit up the sky near the horizon so I'm guessing that it probably exploded before hitting the ground (or maybe it did hit the ground?). Didn't hear any sound at all - the event lasted about 4 or 5 seconds. Regards, John Zambrano
Thank you John.

San Antonio, TX 
I saw it, too! It was almost midnight around the Pleasanton area and this fireball, like a water drop-shape on fire, failed from the sky so fast. It was a matter of seconds and it was gone. So beautiful! -Hipatia Thank you!

San Antonio, TX 
20 June 201 approx 1140-1149pm (no clock outside pool area)
San Antonio, TX We were having a late summer night swim when I looked up behind my little ones and saw it behind them, falling straight down from the NorthWest area of town. It was the biggest I've ever seen. Bright green ball with orange around it. It seemed pretty slow, but I was too amazed, I couldn't say a word until it was gone. It never lost it's brightness. I'm located in the city, so I couldn't hear anything. The color was beautiful and the size was unbelievable!! ^_^ -Marsha
Thank you Marsha.

Plano, TX
6/21/11 around midnight
i was in awe and totally forget to figure out the direction
this thing lasted for like seven seconds!!
it was bright enough that i could see it during a storm!
it was a hazy greenish yellow with a green tail and it looked as if it split into smaller bits before i lost sight of it.
i WISH i couldve gotten a photo for you! -Ashlee rose

Austin, TX
desirae reed
at around 11:40 pm a huge green fireball flew over my house toward austin texas, i live south east of austin in bastrop county, it was so amazing and pretty, glad i was able to see it

Stephenville, TX
 I saw the green fireball in Texas last night. I witnessed it from Stephenville,around 11:45 to 11:50. It was brilliant bluish/green in color and had a red-orange hot tail. It was south of me,and lasted only a couple of seconds before it seemed to disappear. It seemed like it was EXTREMELY close and I could have sworn it was in my neighborhood!Craziest thing I have ever seen. -TaraT

-----------------
Woodway, Texas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Texas Green Fireball Meteor ~10:35 CST 12MAR2011" by searching for green meteor 2011 texas.
14:08:38 -- 6 minutes ago

Plano, Texas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteorite visible june 20 2011.

Plano, Texas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Breaking News- Hawley, TX Meteor 2JUN2011" by searching for meteor over San Angelo 2011.
14:04:49 -- 11 minutes ago

Kaufman, Texas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: April 2011" by searching forGREEN OBJECT FALLING FROM SKY IN SAN ANTONIO.
14:04:45 -- 12 minutes ago

San Antonio, Texas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for green meteor 2011.
14:02:39 -- 15 minutes ago

Greenbrier, Arkansas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteor texas.
13:56:50 -- 21 minutes ago


New Braunfels, Texas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News" by searching for meteorite June 20 2011.
13:55:23 -- 24 minutes ago

Austin, Texas arrived from google.com on "Latest Worldwide Meteor/Meteorite News: Breaking News -MBIQ Detects Texas Meteor with Fragmentation Fireball Event 14JUN2011" by searching for asteroid falling over austin, tx tonight.
13:53:11 -- 27 minutes ago

Date and Time of event? 
Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? 
Start and Stop location in sky? 
Direction of movement? 
Duration of Event (seconds)? 
Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? 
Photos? Videos? 
please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 Year of Meteors!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitting out on the back porch at the Ranch in Goldthwaite, TX on June 21st we saw the red and green ball shooting across the sky. It seemed to last forever. We've never seen anything like that and had to convince one of the girls it wasn't fireworks!! It was A-Mazing!

Anonymous said...

I just posted a comment from a siting in goldthwaite texas but I had the date wrong...we saw the fireball on June 20th, monday night...can you correct that or not post it and I will repost.

Anonymous said...

SATURDAY 6/25/2011 SOMETIME BETWEEN 8:30-9 I SAW A SEAFOAM GREEN BALL OF LIGHT COMING DOWN VERY CLOSE.IT SEEMS LIKE IT LANDED ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF HWY 90 @ THE BRIDE ON HUNT LN. SOMEWHERE IN THE GRASS AREA